1. On Linux, the Spring engine (which TA Prime runs on) requires sdl-2. You can install it like this, from the terminal:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libsdl2-2.0-0
2. Then you'll need to download & install SpringLobby. For Debian distros like Ubuntu the easiest way is:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:spring/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install springlobby
Secondary method, through Snap:
apt-get install snapd
snap install springlobby-nsg
3. The latest SpringLobby version (0.269) is required to create a valid server account. On the Server > Connect screen go to the 'Register' tab of the 'Connect to lobby server' window and enter your desired Nickname, password and a valid e-mail address.
3.1: If you get a repeating connect error try clicking Server > Disconnect then Server > Connect. It should pop up the server connect window again, where you can create and re-enter a new user's password, or access the Register tab
4. Once you're logged in, click on the 'Battlelist' tab and double click the "TA Prime - Main Server" entry:
5. SpringLobby will offer to download the required Spring engine, mod and map. Accept it all. You can check the Downloads in progress in the 'Downloads' Tab.
Attention: SpringLobby 0.269 is presenting auto-download issues to some players. If that happens to you, please download and use version 0.267, after creating+validating your account with 0.269 (0.267 won't work for that).
6. Once that's done, the icon color next to your nickname in the 'Battleroom' tab will be green - hopefully with no exclamation mark on top - and you're all set.
7. After that, you can test your installation and practice some games by going to the 'Singleplayer' tab. Select map, game and engine and click 'Play'. You don't need to add any custom bots, though if you really want try adding a 'DAI' bot.
8. To play an online match, in the 'Battleroom' tab click the 'ready' button once you're good to go. When the game finishes loading you'll be in the pre-game mode. Select your faction of choice (Arm or Core), click on a starting position at the green area reserved for your ally-team, then click the Ready button. It's possible to issue some build orders in that mode. 9. To find online games and learn about our main weekly team matches: